The LDJ is a short workshop to solve problems & reach concrete decisions. Use this step-by-step guide to run this method with a team.
An overview of the LDJ
Replace open discussion or brainstorming with a structured process that leads to more ideas, clearer decisions and better outcomes.
Watch this video from the LDJ creators AJ&Smart to get an overview of the method.
You can also check out this 19 min video that walks you through a virtual version of the workshop using a digital whiteboard tool.
When to use the LDJ?
There are three main reasons to use a Design Sprint for your challenge:
- To solve problems (and generate ideas)
- To make clear decisions (rather than endless opinions and no direction)
- To prioritize & find focus (instead of not knowing where to start)
It’s always good to frame an LDJ session with a broad topic. It can be big or small, but it should be concrete. Here are some examples:
- Keeping up with our competition
- Onboarding new hires
- Planning our team offsite
- How we communicate between teams
- Improving sales flow
Step-by-step facilitation guide
The following instructions have been re-posted from a AJ&Smart’s LDJ booklet that you can download as a PDF here.
PDF booklet download
You can download (and print) AJ&Smart’s PDF booklet outlining all the instructions for the LDJ (with pictures)